PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps patients navigate the most important moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
The Associate Director, Strategy defines daily functional management of client needs, and provides leadership to the Strategy team. You will report into either the Director, Strategy or the VP, Strategy, and also contribute internally to cross-functional teams.
- Pharma media experience, across a diverse set of conditions, disease states, and audiences (DTC, HCP, Payer)
- Understand the total marketing process and the strategic role of media
- In-depth understanding of the role of media channels in a plan
- Expertise in different media research tools and software
- Self-educates on PHM, Publicis Groupe, and client activities, capabilities and tools
- Responsible for the daily workload and deliverables of the Strategy team
- Support the Director, Strategy and/or VP, Strategy
- Model inclusion, and show respect for all employees
- Work with cross-functional teams
- Drive internal team momentum and progress to meet client deadlines
- Take initiative and show accountability for oneself and team’s work
- Own communication on business initiatives and client requests to internal team
- Train Strategy team on processes
- On-board and train new hires
- Participate in formal development process, including performance management, goal-setting, mid- and yearly reviews
- Nurture and develop lower-level talent on assigned accounts
- Participates in PHM’s interviewing efforts
Strategy & Account Management
- Manages, and delegates team workload
- Coach team to support client and agency requests
- Oversee overall media strategy, approach, and plan on each account
- Help VP, Strategy drive the planning process
- Manage multiple accounts and can transition between them
- Provide initial perspectives on media strategies
- Manage media channel mix and initial budget allocation and rationale
- Collaborate with internal leaders to ensure strategic understanding of deliverables with client needs
- Represent the interests of internal teams in client and agency partner meetings where those teams are absent
- Contribute to deliverables timelines in partnership with internal teams
- Push for continuous improvement of self, team, and client deliverables
- Contribute to new business efforts
- Build a daily relationship with appropriate clients on assigned brands
- Conveys passion for clients and their businesses
- Provide input to client to help shape their marketing priorities
- Model outstanding client service for team
- Influence clients through public speaking
- Embrace PHM values of Accountability, Collaboration, Empathy, Equanimity, Integrity and Respect
- Experience managing people and projects
- Experience earning the respect of clients, internal partners, and peers
- Experience managing challenging situations and persons
Education & Experience
- 6+ years media experience
- 3+ years management experience
- Cross-channel media experience
- Familiarity with standard media research and planning tools (e.g. Clear Decisions)
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- BA/BS; advanced degree
Our Publicis Groupe motto “Viva La Différence” means we’re better together, and we believe that our differences make us stronger. It means we honor and celebrate all identities, across all facets of intersectionality, and it underpins all that we do as an organization. We are focused on promoting belonging and creating equitable & inclusive experiences for all talent.
Publicis Groupe provides inclusive benefit programs and policies to support the evolving and diverse needs of our talent and allow every person to grow. Our benefits package includes medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401K, and parental and family care leave, family forming assistance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible time off.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
For this role, we will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.