PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps patients navigate the most important moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
The Director, Strategy defines daily functional leadership to the Strategy team. You will report into the VP, Strategy and also provide cross-functional contribution.
- Pharma media experience across a diverse set of conditions, disease states, and audiences (DTC, HCP, Payer)
- Understand the total marketing process and the strategic role of media
- In-depth understanding of the role of media channels in a plan
- Expertise in multiple media research tools and software
- Self-educates on PHM, Publicis Groupe, and client departments, capabilities and tools
- Manage direct and indirect reports of the Strategy team
- Work with multiple teams
- Take accountability for the team’s deliverables
- Provide updates on plans and client requests
- Ensure Strategy team is trained on processes
- Ensure new hires are on-boarded and trained
- Participate in formal development process, including performance management, goal-setting, mid- and yearly reviews
- Develop lower-level talent on assigned accounts
- Participate in PHM’s interviewing efforts
Strategy & Account Management
- Manage team to support client and agency requests
- Oversee overall media strategy, approach, and plan on each account
- Help the VP, Strategy guide the planning process
- Manage multiple accounts and can transition between them
- Provide initial perspectives on media strategies
- Manage media channel mix and initial budget allocation and rationale
- Collaborate with internal leaders to ensure strategic understanding of deliverables with client needs
- Represent the interests of multiple teams in client and agency partner meetings where those teams are absent
- Give feedback on deliverables timelines in partnership with multiple teams
- Push for continuous improvement of self, team, and client deliverables
- Contribute to new business efforts
- Build a daily relationship with appropriate clients on assigned brands
- Provide input to client to help shape their marketing priorities
- Model outstanding client service for team
- Embrace PHM values of Accountability, Collaboration, Equanimity, Integrity and Respect·
- Experience managing direct reports·
- Earn the respect of clients, internal partners, and peers
- Education & Experience·
- 7+ years media experience·
- 3+ years management experience preferred·
- Cross-channel media experience·
- Familiarity with standard media research and planning tools (e.g. Clear Decisions)·
- Pharmaceutical industry is desired·
- BA/BS; advanced degree
Our Publicis Groupe motto “Viva La Différence” means we’re better together, and we believe that our differences make us stronger. It means we honor and celebrate all identities, across all facets of intersectionality, and it underpins all that we do as an organization. We are focused on fostering belonging and creating equitable & inclusive experiences for all talent.
Publicis Groupe provides robust and inclusive benefit programs and policies to support the evolving and diverse needs of our talent and enable every person to grow and thrive. Our benefits package includes medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401K, as well as parental and family care leave, family forming assistance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible time off.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Compensation Range: $98,500- $154,500. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.