PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps patients navigate the most important moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
Manage daily tactical plan needs. Develop relationships with internal & external media partners. Plan and direct media programs for clients. The goal for this role is to develop multi-channel, healthcare media plans while promoting media partnerships to expand marketplace skills.
This is a hybrid role, requiring three days in-office each week. If you are contacted for an interview, your recruiter will discuss specifics with you, inclusive of any necessary reasonable accommodations.
The Director, Strategy defines daily functional leadership to the Strategy team. You will report into the VP, Strategy and also provide contribution.
- Pharma media experience across a diverse set of conditions, disease states, and audiences (DTC, HCP, Payer, etc.)
- Understand the total marketing process and the strategic role of media
- In-depth understanding of the role of media channels in a plan
- Expertise in various media research tools and software
- Self-educates on PHM, Publicis Groupe, client, capabilities, and tools
- Responsible for the daily management of the Strategy team
- Support the VP, Strategy
- Model inclusion and respect for all employees
- Work with cross-functional teams
- Take accountability for the team's deliverables
- Provide clear communication on business initiatives and client requests
- Ensure Strategy team is trained on tools and processes
- Ensures new hires are on-boarded and trained
- Participate in formal development process, including performance management, goal-setting, mid- and yearly reviews
- Nurture and develop lower-level talent on assigned accounts
- Participates in PHM's interviewing efforts
Strategy & Account Management
- Manage team to achieve client and agency requests
- Begin to affect results beyond position and client responsibilities
- Oversee overall media strategy, approach, and plan on each account
- Help VP, Strategy guide the planning process
- Manage multiple accounts and can transition between them
- Provide initial perspectives on media strategies
- Manage media channel mix and initial budget allocation and rationale
- Collaborate with internal leaders to ensure strategic understanding of deliverables with client needs
- Represent the interests of cross-functional teams in client and agency partner meetings where those teams are absent
- Provide input on deliverables timelines in partnership with our teams
- Push for continuous improvement of self, team, and client deliverables
- Contribute to new business efforts
- Build a daily relationship with appropriate clients on assigned brands
- Convey experience with clients and their businesses
- Provide input to client to help shape their marketing priorities
- Model outstanding client service for team
- Promote professional standards within team for all written and verbal contact
- Embrace PHM values of Accountability, Collaboration, Equanimity, Integrity, and Respect
- Experience managing people and projects
- Experience earning the respect of clients, internal partners, and peers
Education & Experience
- 7+ years media experience
- 3+ years management experience
- Cross-channel media experience
- Familiarity with standard media research and planning tools (e.g. Clear Decisions)
- Pharmaceutical industry
- BA/BS; advanced degree
Our Publicis Groupe motto “Viva La Différence” means we’re better together, and we believe that our differences make us stronger. It means we honor and celebrate all identities, across all facets of intersectionality, and it underpins all that we do as an organization. We are focused on promoting belonging and creating equitable & inclusive experiences for all talent.
Publicis Groupe provides inclusive benefit programs and policies to support the evolving and diverse needs of our talent and allow every person to grow. Our benefits package includes medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401K, and parental and family care leave, family forming assistance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible time off.
For this role, we will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.