PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
Exercises broad-based organizational leadership by being a cross-functional leader. Provides direction, management, and leadership to PD team. Serves as a conduit between PHM senior management and clients/company personnel. The VP is focused on building overall people and organizational capabilities to ensure the company achieves its business strategy. Part of core account team. The goal for this role is to drive strategic & operational excellence within the PD marketplace.
- Channel and audience agnostic by virtue of having expertise in several areas & being deeply knowledgeable about breadth of marketing options (behind media)
- Expert understanding of the overall media marketplace and partner landscape
- Expert understanding of agency planning processes & Publicis Groupe partnership solutions
- Expert understanding of client’s business and goals
- Strong understanding of how client business objectives translate into media investment and management strategies
- Expert understanding of partnership opportunities, deals and terms
- Expert understanding of agency planning tools
- Ensures integrity of tactical PD media recommendations
- Provides guidance to clients and teams on marketplace landscapes and direct partnership opportunities
- Drives team connectivity & collaboration - recurring all-hands meetings, peer groups, etc.
- Develops PD marketplace goals & monitors progress against PD & Agency goals across team
- Maintains & updates knowledge library - planning guidance, pacing tools, campaign optimization toolkits, case study repository, ongoing learning series & training calendar
- Proactively searches out (and shares) best practices from around the network to strengthen the team’s delivery. Consistently strives to improve approach, methods and media capability deliverables
- Identifies new media opportunities and potential partnership deals (i.e., SPA's, PHM product mashup's/MAKRS)
- Develops new business opportunities with existing clients and assists with developing new client relationships
- Serves as an external industry leader/ability to predict industry trends
- Oversight of program budgets, including staffing and resource requirements. Influences management of department resources.
- Responsible for major negotiations at the higher dollar values or accountable performance agreements.
Internal & External Relationships
- Collaborates internally with leadership across capabilities and teams
- Cultivates strong relationships with key internal teams (i.e., Partnerships, APEX, PMX) & external media partners
- Responsible for developing talent, delegating appropriately, and ensuring teams are working smoothly
- Responsible for managing and prioritizing team assignments
- Provides clear, regular communication regarding client and project goals, prioritization, and measures of success to all key stakeholders
- Fosters a positive work environment
- Provides expertise and shares knowledge with junior team members
- Delivers constructive, actionable feedback to team
- Continues to develop working relationships with client contacts as necessary
- Contributes to new business efforts as needed
- 10+ years of experience
- 6+ years management experience preferred
- Pharma Experience Required
- Expertise in all channels, audiences, and campaign types (Digital - Endemic/Lifestyle, Video, Audio - Terrestrial & Streaming, Print, OOH, HCP, Payer/Managed Markets)
- Entrepreneurial approach to working
- Natural leadership ability and skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Direct, clear and effective communications style
- Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiple deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Leadership experience in managing and developing a team from the ground up
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities; can think unconventionally in proposing potential
Compensation Range: $121,000 - $191,000 annually. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.