Associate Director, Business Intelligence
About Publicis Health Media
PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
The Associate Director of Business Intelligence (hereafter “BI”) will successfully apply their years of experience in data analysis and strategic consulting as the BI lead on any of our myriad of enterprise clients within the health and wellness industry. Paramount to this success will be the ability to source, and utilize the many data sources at the disposal of the BI team to not only represent the business impact that our media/marketing campaigns have in the marketplace but also the ability to translate these learnings into actionable strategic recommendations to optimize media investment for our clients.
While every engagement is unique, typical Associate Director engagement expectations require execution against the following tasks and deliverables:
- Crafting and maintaining professional relationships with the many members of your internal and client team(s) while being solely responsible for the consistent level of quality in communications and deliverables for the entire team that serves on the client’s behalf
- Work throughout the year with internal (PHM) and external (client team, partner agencies/consulting groups) stakeholders to craft measurement plans/proposals that satisfy all client needs/objectives and address business challenges/opportunities with clearly defined goals and definitions of program success
- With the above, oversee the creation of the business rules and parameters of the engagement as well as participate in conjunction with internal Finance and Operations teams in the scoping process and any necessary requests for proposal from outside vendors/data companies
- As we execute on the behalf of the client, manage the many internal data sources and (where applicable) third-party vendors/data streams that comprise our custom measurement platform while keeping work stream on task within the established timelines and delivery dates
- Synthesize the data available into insights/recommendations about the success of our programs in transforming the behavior of our target audience (most likely healthcare professionals, patients/prospects or a combination of the two) while identifying opportunities for program optimization and enhancement
- Act as strategic consultant utilizing the aforementioned insights/recommendations as the foundation for presentations, reports, assorted client deliverables in either a face-to-face setting or via WebEx/teleconference
- Identify areas of opportunity to expand our presence through consultative selling at current clients while periodically participating in the any new business development opportunities as they arise
- Ability to prioritize tasks through an understanding of client needs and internal operations to proactively deliver on goals and success for the client and team
- Demonstrate autonomous, independent decision-making capability, including maturity around accountability for less than ideal choices and ability to learn and grow accordingly
- Provide strategic review of your team’s work to ensure deliverables are on time, data cleanliness & clean presentation of story is presented, and overall of high quality
- Effectively displays high business acumen presence in meetings and in writing, being able to influence and collaborate with people across the organization, impact positive change, understand competitive offerings, identify business needs to get projects moving and keep them moving forward in alignment with internal teams
- Independently provide POV for clients or internal teams, while sourcing or researching any needed information to inform decision making aligned to business rules
- Effectively manage and grow a team, teaching process and providing a growth path for direct reports – while managing and prioritizing their workload for success
- Ability to remain objective and open minded; making fact-based recommendations and decisions
- Understanding of agency operations and display ability to support Senior leadership & developing trust within internal and external stakeholders
- Depth of understanding of how clients use all aspects of their multi-channel marketing mix in reaching their customers
- Superior skills with the following core competencies:
- Project Management/ Time Management
- Problem Solving Abilities & Strategic Consultation
- Quantitative Skills
- Communication Abilities
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Participate in the recruitment of new additions to the BI Team and management of both the career development and daily workflow of junior team members/resources
- Power-user of business IT software: MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Literacy of business intelligence software such as Datorama, Tableau, Power BI, Adobe, Google, etc.
- A willingness to travel as client needs dictate
- While all engagements are unique, travel is normally required 10 to 15% of the time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably a BS in a related field) is required; Master’s Degree a strong plus 5 to 7 years of work experience in data/analytics consulting and/or quantitative marketing/analysis (healthcare, pharmaceuticals and life sciences experience a plus but not necessarily a requirement)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.