About Publicis Health Media
PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
Position suitable for a highly motivated, precise, detail-oriented, service-focused individual who will monitor financial health on multiple clients.
The Financial Analyst position supports client teams by managing a long sheet, which tracks budget, spend, run rate, recognized revenue and forecast. Also responsible for the execution of billing and receivables as well as to highlight key issues and exposure items that may impact profitability. The Financial Analyst will also prepare journal entries, and prep and present client-specific reporting, be involved in process improvement projects and ad hoc reporting in support of business needs.
The Financial analyst should be a self-starter, with strong written and personal communication skills. This position also requires the ability to sift through and present data in a clear and compelling way.
- Responsible for managing client long sheets (budget, spend, run rate, revenue), and develop and understanding of project lifecycle and project types in relation and their effects on budgets and spend
- Responsible for maintenance of client rate cards
- Review key financial metrics and proactively resolve issues (unpaid invoices, inactive activities, persuasive evidence, unbilled, A/R, Gross Margin, Contribution margin)
- Initiate routine and non-routine journal entries to ensure an accurate categorization of reserves/absorptions, allocations and appropriate WIP maintenance
- Responsible for timely and accurate client billing, and the collection of support documentation as needed
- Coordinate with a billing coordinator, in some cases
- Calculate run rates to monitor and manage financial progress against budgets
- Run percent complete meetings and accurately track revenue recognition
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and transform for analytical use
- Generate and distribute system reports. Analyze data and provide commentary as appropriate.
- Highlight potential issues and recommend possible solutions
- Understand requests, question or suggest alternatives when appropriate
- Ability to explain and translate finance reports/documents to client teams/regional staff
- Show judgment on when to elevate issues/requests and when to resolve independently
- Suggest process improvements to benefit Capability
- Initiative, responsibility and follow through for “owned” work a must
- Leverage Capability resources to resolve issues
- Prioritize and streamline tasks to ensure accuracy and efficiencies
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Excel (including Pivot Tables)
- Familiarity using financial reporting systems (PeopleSoft, SAP)
- Understanding of accounting concepts (debits/credits, revenue recognition, reserves/absorptions)
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build strong partnerships and communicate with diverse groups agency-wide
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Accountability and flexibility a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Positive team player attitude
- Minimum of one - two years of professional experience in a Finance or Accounting position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
Compensation Range: $ 55,000 - $75,000 annually. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.