PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
The Director leads an office and serves as the senior in-house programmatic expert, managing team dynamics, staffing structure, and serves as the escalation point for client, strategic, partner, and financial matters.
The Director will ensure customer service success internally and externally by managing their resources appropriately and determining/securing both long term and immediate resource needs based on business workflows and revenue.
The Director will drive cross-capability integration by educating in-house teams on skills and topics that span the digital landscape, providing programmatic insights that can inform strategy and sharing resources that benefit client/team advancement. The Director will lead by example and set expectations for team performance across accounts. The Director ensures the programmatic department in their office is operating in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provides leadership and oversight into all things programmatic and has an advanced understanding of clients business challenges
- Provides holistic media experience to the programmatic team and evolves their thinking beyond the programmatic channel
- Projects unforeseen hurdles and proactively addresses downstream challenges
- Advanced knowledge of cross channel planning and historical experience managing multiple accounts
- Deep understanding of the custom financial models for each book of business
- Provides PMX Precision teams with product roadmap feedback and needs
- Ensures accounts are managed appropriately based on client/agency engagement
- Develops creative approaches to solve/evolve for account or landscape challenges
- Contributes to the agencies evolving programmatic story (where healthcare, PMX assets, the media/data/technology landscapes, and our role within the agency intersect) and how it to comes to life for each account
- Oversees capability revenue forecasting for all assigned clients
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve performance results (front and backend)
- Identifies gaps in process and proactively identifies resources to address them across any/all accounts
- Manages and reallocates team resources to adjust for workload ebbs and flows as needed
- Oversees a team of AD’s/Supervisors/Managers ensuring team priorities are laddering up strategic agency/business goals
- Provides senior leadership and serves as the escalation point for client meetings and deliverables
- Assume accountability and ownership of PHMP operational successes and failures for assigned book of accounts
- Secures staffing and addresses gaps between team resources, scopes, and revenue with account leads, operations, and finance to build a team that meets internal/external needs and provides a healthy work/life balance to staff members
- Manages resource and account conflicts to ensure harmonious account satisfaction
- Proactively aligns and integrates within the platforms team and cross functional capabilities to improve processes, collaboration, and break/build/bond a better offering
- Exceptional listening skills and proven ability to build trusting relationships with client, internal counterparts, vendors, etc.
- Ensures connectivity between offices (PHL/NYC/CHI) and shares - test & learns, case studies, performance/platform/partner insights, process documentation, etc.
- Attends and participates in industry events and shares POV/implications with the agency
- Participate and lead PMX Precision weekly status calls to address ongoing needs for the practice and junior team members
- Drives Groupe-level integration and disseminates holding company best practices and ensures maximum utilization of Groupe resources
- Responsible for the growth of current and prospective accounts through holistic media planning and collaboration
- Drive programmatic inclusion and contributions on new business pitches
- Ensures a culture of growth and career development, advocates for staff advancement, oversees YOY staff reviews, and challenges team to over achieve
- Collaborates with cross capability leads to develop agency workstreams and WIGs
- Guides ADs/Supervisors/Managers through difficult managerial scenarios and mentors future team leaders
- Identify opportunities related to platform technology, data, and media inventory sources that provide value for the agency and/or our clients
- Continuously and creatively improve PHMP adoption across the agency
- Oversees workstreams and drives capability best practices
- Show an adaptable management style and high hiring standards
- B.S. or MBA, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or Human Sciences
- 8+ years in digital media or account planning, with special emphasis on planning and creating insights
- 4+ years in Programmatic
- 5+ years with increasing responsibility within an agency or media company
- 5+ years of people managing experience
- Programmatic Marketing subject matter expertise
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Intelligent, entrepreneurial type with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish
- Collaboration with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain forward momentum
- In-depth understanding of digital advertising landscape from either media planning and/or sales planner perspective
- High competency level in MS Office products; demonstrated advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time management / project management skills, with ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Proven ability to lead people (mentoring and developing) and projects
- Ability to anticipate problems before they happen
- Strong knowledge of external media marketplace
- Ensures the financial and client success for a wide breadth of client accounts/PHM office
- Presents internally and externally throughout the new business process
- Contributes to the creation of PHMP vision and annual goals
- Ensures work stream creation and completion based on PHMP annual goals
- Aligns and integrates with PHM account leads to support clients deliverables and programmatic (and agency) growth
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.