PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
The Sr. Analyst is responsible for the execution of month-end close and subsequent reporting.
This role highlights key operational issues and financial exposures that affect profitability. The Sr. Analyst will prepare journal entries and monthly reporting, be involved in process improvement projects, and prepare ad hoc reporting in support of agency business needs. Sr. Analyst will need to gain a strong understanding of the company’s accounting practices and policies and be a self-starter with strong written and personal communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculate and book month-end end entries across G&A P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Manage inter-company recharge arrangements between units; set up recharge jobs, track progress to date, accrue/transfer recharges at month-end and perform final reconciliation if necessary
- Perform review of Financial Monitoring Controls and present any findings to BFI Manager
- Submit P&L forecasts in HFM and review for accuracy and I/C mismatches
- Provide support for overhead budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare Tax schedules, Corporate Social Responsibility, Country By Country Reporting and all other ancillary Groupe reporting
- Review P&L and B/S during close and post-close to ensure for accuracy and identify variances versus forecasts and present insights to BFI Manager
- Run financial and operational reports to support agency operations; billability, utilization, budget tracking etc. and provide analysis and insights against benchmarks
- Monitor agency expense accounts, highlight trends and propose forecast changes to support future anticipated spend
- Assist Finance Director with audit preparation and responses
- Suggest process improvements across budgeting, forecasting and month-end close
- Leverage available resources (agency finance team, Shared Services, corporate finance team) to resolve issues
- Assist Client Finance team with billings, job reconciliation, WIP management
- 4 years of college education (Finance, Accounting, or Economics degree required)
- 1-5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting, including familiarity with the digital environment
- Excel skills, including pivot tables
- Intermediate proficiency of MS Office
- Experience with Hyperion or SAP preferred
- Interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.